Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tarara, Lost Creek & Hidden Brook Wineries: September 2008

It was the late summer of 2008 when some how I ended up on a birthday wine tasting tour with my friend Jenny and a bunch of her friends. Little did I know that the birthday girl, Michelle, would become my roomie two years later. At the height of my environmental studies I gasped as we all piled into a hummer limo, but it held about 15 people so I figured in the long run it was equivalent to 4 cars and not really that terrible. Right? So off we went to the wineries, three in one day out in Loudoun County, a day that started with champagne in the limo, that we decided to toss gummy bears into as we were short strawberries.

First stop Tarara, well I don't really remember if it was first, but it was the most memorable.  It was very artfully decorated and the wine was good. Sorry no deets beyond that! Next stop, Hidden Brook or was it Lost Creek, either way I couldn't tell the difference in these two, they were both very kitschy and the wine reminded me of Moldova and not of my favorite "Welches" variety. Apparently they are both owned by the same family, perhaps why they are both so similar. My memories of that day are goofing off in the limo and imbibing all.day.long. I probably slept the entire next day!  
Tarara
Lost Creek
Yes, I admit, I rode in that limo
And of course it had a mirror on the ceiling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment