Monday, May 9, 2011

Gadino Cellars: Fall 2007

Gadino Cellars, my first Virginia winery! Let me recall that lovely afternoon...ah yes! It was fall and my boss' wife's birthday extravaganza, awkward much? I mean they are definitely good people, a boss that takes you wine tasting can't be that much of a dictator right? But you know its all of their friends, not employees so you are in this weird have-fun-but-don't-take-on-too-much-liquid-courage-place, luckily a co-worker and friend-my first DC friend at that, was along for the ride too. So kids if you have:
an awkward situation+a party bus+lots of wine flowing=what does that equal? 
That's right, a wonderful afternoon in the country! By the end of this tasting we had made some new friends which led to an evening game of flip-cup, but I digress. As we were piling back into the party bus with our tasting glasses in hand we found out weren't included with the tasting, but some of us didn't get that message until it was too late, oops!  I do recall that I enjoyed the wines here better than at our second stop and I am fairly certain that Gadino introduced me to Viognier. I never could get fully behind a white until I meet this popular Virginia varietal, a bit spicy with a bit more body than a typical white. On occasion you'll find a sweeter Viognier, that reminds me more of a Riesling, but I like to stick to the spicier ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment