Thursday, May 26, 2011

Barrel Oak Winery: September 2008

Company party 2008. Yes, the same company as the year before when we went to Rappahannock and Gadino.  This time we went to Barrel Oak Winery a week or two after they opened and their initials conveniently spell BOW as they are a very dog friendly winery. A few of my coworkers brought their dogs along since they were welcome inside.  Most of the wines were pretty good I think I came home with a Viognier and a Black Lab, the later being a dessert wine that I didn't like but had to buy for the name and it happens to still be in my kitchen today, who wants to taste it now? Growing up with black labs I just couldn't pass it up!  It was a rainy day when we went out there and then we went back to what is now Narmada Winery for dinner and a friendly game of flip-cup. I would really like to post a picture of the flip-cup game, but alas I do have respect for my former colleagues and karma can get you. We all headed back to a local hotel for the night since we were too far out of DC to drive home where our youngest co-worker's girlfriend proceeded to shriek in happiness and jump fully clothed into the pool! It was quite an interesting, yet awkwardly enjoyable day.

  

With Kelly & Christy

Back at Narmada


No comments:

Post a Comment