Friday, June 10, 2011

Paradise Springs Winery: June 2010

Just over a year ago some girlfriends of mine helped me celebrate a milestone year at Paradise Springs Winery. Its a cozy little cabin not too far from DC and when we went it was so hot and humid the air was hazy. I partially picked Paradise Springs because they were supposed to have live music, unfortunately this musician decided to play all of 2 songs over the course of 2-3 hours spending the rest of the time flirting. He then left early saying he was late for a wedding or something. We gave him a lot of crap, but it being my birthday and all I kept nudging the servers to top off my glass which they did, perhaps a little too frequently. We spent the afternoon picnicking and once we got back to our apartment we promptly made a bee line for the pool. Half the girls didn't have suits, but made due with what they did have. We also brought the pool boy what was left the cupcakes as bribe to keep the pool open later. I think we still left on time, but all summer I had a friend in that pool boy, too bad he had to go back to Serbia in September! Overall it was a great day and we finished off the night with fruit and madelines dipped in chocolate fondue! Fantastic!
The lovely ladies
Our delish spread: brie, fig jam, manchego, watermelon...

No comments:

Post a Comment