Saturday, January 14, 2012

8 Chains North Winery: Wrapping Up a Long Day

I've learned that 3 and maybe 4 vineyards is my limit if I'm driving. Its best to be safe and part of why I like longer winery visits is that it gives me time to enjoy the wine and know that I'm being responsible. Since it was after 3:00pm when we finished up at North Gate, Kurt & Carol were headed to Corcoran, one of their favorites, we wanted to join, but I knew it was time to take it easy. Being so close to Leesburg, Lori and I were going to stop by the outlets before going home. However we made a detour since en route we passed 8 Chains North Winery. So we stopped. We figured it would give us time to decompress from our busy day of tasting before facing the crowds at the outlets.  The tasting room was packed as they had a winter craft fair of sorts with local vendors and live music, it was the opposite of all the other stops for the day. It took some time to get some attention at the bar, but we were able to taste their 5 wines. Most of what they were pouring were reds, but we both really liked their 2010 LoCo Vino a Loudoun County blend of 54/46 Traminette and Vidal Blanc. We sat and sipped and took in the boisterous scene for about an hour or so before reaching our outlet destination.

Since it was late on an eventful day, the staff seemed tired and it would be nice to go back on a mellower day and learn more about their wines. It would be nice to catch their views too, since it was nearly dark when we arrived and the tasting room was so full I sadly didn't get any pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment