Monday, September 5, 2011

Jefferson Vineyards: August 20, 2011 (part 2 of 3)

After enjoying our lunch at Blenheim our plan was to head to Jefferson then Keswick, well we made it to Jefferson Vineyards as it was just around the bend. Since it was just after 3:00pm and we were on a mission to hit 3 vineyards we sipped more quickly than I like to while at Jefferson. The tasting room is just off the highway and has a large deck out front, but it had more of an urban feel than most porches I've visited.  It was quite busy when we did arrive at Jefferson and we had to squeeze up to the bar. Our server was much livelier than our server at Blenheim which was a relief, but I got the impression he was new to the wine industry-maybe weekend help. We enjoyed almost all the wines we had, my favorites were the lighter tasting Vin Rouge, the juicy 2008 Merlot and the 2009 Johannisberg Riesling with 1.5% rs. Jefferson also upped the ante on Blenheim with the elegant glasses they included with their tastings. In our short visit we were pleased with the wine and service, (Debbie picked up some bottles for the road), but I can't say that anything about Jefferson stood out to me as particularly notable nor was there anything negative to stay about the establishment. I blame this on my own rushed agenda thanks to the morning traffic. If you are looking for good wine at a convenient location, this place is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment